So, Zelda had a seizure on Sunday. Sometimes I think we're cursed. Just as we begin to brag and dance and sing about her not having had a seizure in so many months. It hits. And it hits badly...Just the other day, the pediatrician commented on how maybe the neurologist should adjust her seizure meds to coincide with her weight gain. Ya think?
The twins had an awesome day on Sunday with their friends. They ran like banshees, ate french fries at Chuy's (which Zelda promptly threw up), and then they crashed for a nap. Delivered home to us, she was a zonked-out little ball who only wanted to lay on the 'big bed' with Mommy. I didn't think she had a fever but apparently she did. She just seemed tired. She woke up choking, spitting up and started to seize. Evan & I were in the kitchen with Tim, going over legal documents. We called 911. EMS came quickly. Her color was good, her breathing stayed strong but she seized.
Evan has been at the hospital with her since Sunday night. I can't be there because of these days after chemo when my blood counts may be low. Now, the new neurologist is calling her epileptic. Huh??? The other doctors are saying it was a febrile seizure. They finally brought in her Infectious Disease doctor that we had requested after I called Dr McLeod in Chicago and called Dr Hauger herself. Now, we're a bit more confident since she's on the scene. Zelda is up and about. She hasn't had another seizure or fever and she's eating and wants to come home. We are waiting to see if the neurosurgeons will tap her shunts to check for an infection there. I know we'll have it done if necessary but I really don't want them to have to stick a needle in my little girl's brain today...
My half-way through Chemo #1 visit to the oncologist today pales in comparison to Zelda's needs. Haircut is scheduled for Friday.