After the birth of the twins and living through their time in the NICU, their illness and surgeries, I swore that I would never wish for the passing of time. Each day needs to be cherished and treasured. But some days/weeks just plain suck - it's just that simple. Not to say that September will be any easier, here are reasons why I am glad that August is over:
- Business sucks and no one is spending any money this summer in my shops or anywhere else on the street.
- I am tired of seeing co-eds in flipflops with ironed hair and cell phones glued to their ears not understanding the concept of style or elegance. Please bring on fall and the holiday season!
- Zelda has had a snotty nose for the past 3 weeks. I'm tired of boogers.
- I have had absolutely no luck in finding a 2 day a week morning daycare in which to enroll the twins into a 'socializing' situation.
- The city as well as the attorney we have hired have still not resolved the stalled building permits issue concerning our house remodel.
- My dad had a massive heart attack but today he was discharged from the hospital.
So with that last reason, September is already better than August. So long summer...