Thursday, September 20, 2007

Don't tell me how sorry you are...

that my daughter was born blind. Tell me that you're amazed at how well she is doing and how silly she is when she giggles. Tell me what a good mimic she is when she 'burps' on command. Tell me how smart she is when I say "Zelda, let's count in French" and she says "Un, deux, trois". Tell me how proud you are of her fearlessness and determination and independence. Tell me that she is a good dancer. Tell me that you can see she is a wonderfully, loving child when she gives you a hug and a 'bisou'. Tell me that you are thrilled that she is doing so well. But don't tell me you're sorry. You had nothing to do with it. And I don't need your sympathy 'cuz Zelda is a 2 year old superstar.

2 comments:

Karla said...

She's so amazing! She grabs the world in both her little hands and fearlessly explores everything. She's incredible and she really made me think about how I approach the world...I am trying to be brave and fearless like her. She really inspired me.

Anonymous said...

barge from babies born oct-dec!

OMG she is cute what a great photo of an amazing child!

hint - a fellow twin mom!

and a big UGH, did someone really say this? unbelievable