Monday, July 23, 2007

I wanna be blind, too.

Sometimes I just wanna be blind, too.
I wanna be blind...

- to not see the way people stare at Zelda with their eyes full of pity instead of joy and admiration.

- to ignore the doubts and fears that I have for her future.

- to wake up in the morning and experience the start of a new day in the way that she does.

- to be able to have no preconceived notions or judgements of people based on their appearance.

I am sure that there are more reasons.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I am so glad to have met her (and Creed). I think she is miraculous.

One minute of time spent with her, watching how she attacks life with no fear, and there is no WAY anyone would feel pity for her. I felt only admiration and even jealousy at the way she was so fearless, banging away on every surface as if to tell it she was there and she was gonna show it who was boss.

I hope she keeps that fearlessness her whole life. She is AMAZING.