Friday, May 16, 2008

Elvis really is in the building...

So, just when retail gets me down - as it does most days...no one is shopping, the temp is rising in the 90's, I am low on inventory, I am so very cash poor...in walks Elvis Costello, his wife Diana Krall and their 18 month old twin sons, Frank and Dexter. They spent a bunch of money on vintage cowboy boots, interesting jewelry and assorted clothing. So very awesome...Who cares about movie stars when we have the coolest musicians shopping on South Congress...


Addendum to Mother's day Post...
So, here are my problems with Erma Bombeck's little ditty...

1) I don't consider either of my children to be 'disabled'.

2) I am more a woman of Science than of God.

3) I don't believe in the whole angel hoo-ha.

4) I don't believe in the 'my world' - 'their world' differentiation.

5) BUT I do like to think of myself as their patron saint!