with Credence Paul and Zelda Nicolette. Evan's dead dad had this platitude that he used to repeat "Run, run, run...see Bosco eat snakes." I think it meant something like "running around like a chicken with its head cut off."
This past weekend went something like this...
- We had friends arrive in town from Dallas to stay at our 'guest house' next door (more on that later). They stayed in Austin, we took off for a road trip.
- On Saturday, we headed out on a 3 hour drive to Granbury, TX for the Tyler & Teresa Beard party. Our dear friends who were the epitome of all things western design both passed away. Teresa took her own life a little over 2 years ago and Tyler (the well-known author of all of the books about cowboy boots) died in December. They were an amazing couple and are sorely missed (more on this later, as well). There was a party with dinner, drinks and stories told at a country club (?) outside of Ft Worth. Needless to say, the twins were the only kids there.
- We spent the night in an 1867 dog trot log cabin where there were ostriches (that Creed decided were actually 'cows'). We roamed on the range, tried to learn to lasso, and generally enjoyed just having a big yard to play in.
- On Sunday morning, we drove to Waxahatchie to visit the Webb Gallery (www.webbartgallery.com) owned by our friends Bruce & Julie. They featured a show of vintage carnival banners and lots of super cool stuff. When they're not out finding oddfellow paraphernalia and such, Julie teaches belly dancing and Bruce gets more tattoos. La petite princess Z found herself a new throne while Creed took a tour of downtown, accompanied by Allie and Moby.
- Once back on the road, Creed decided he needed to walk again, so our next stop was the old flea market in Waco - yikes - a 'perfect' place to stock up on used baby toys, bootleg DVD's and this Elvis:
- Then finally on the homestretch to Austin on I-35, we just had to stop in Sun City of Georgetown to visit Nana & PopPop so the twins could run around the 'hood to the delight of the senior citizens.
Home again home again jiggity-jig, just in time for bed...
more exciting news to come.