Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weirdness and curiosities...

1. Ever since I've been through chemo, I no longer perspire the way I used to. That's not to say that I don't sweat. I often wake up in the middle of the night with a clammy head and back of my neck. BUT, I don't perspire under my arms and have absolutely no body odor in this heat...weird

2. We took Zelda to the neurologist the other day for a check-up. She's doing well except for her sometimes very difficult 'pissy princess' routine and the fact that she doesn't want to go to sleep at night. She'll get quiet, lie down and go through the motions then it's up and party time sometimes until midnight! Several things may be going on here but one that her Dr Mike suggested is that due to her blindness, she doesn't acknowledge the darkness and therefore her brain does not release melatonin. So, we have started her on a mild dose of melatonin - mixed in a spoonful of applesauce - each evening about a half an hour before bedtime. So far, so good. And no hangover as of yet...curious

3. My Mom has finished her 33 radiation treatments but has developed a strange pain in her head. Her idiotic GP called and said there was an 'abnormality' in her blood work and my Mom, being the 85 yr old in denial, didn't want to know what it was and just went for the brain MRI with no questions asked. So now we are waiting until after the holiday weekend for the results. She thinks it's shingles...weird, curious, and a bit scary

4. Manu has gone back to Paris after his usual 2 week stay and my brain is still running in French. We talked of politics - Sarkozy & Obama - film, television, neighborhoods changing in Paris, old friends, child rearing, relationships and thankfully not so much about cancer...not weird at all

5. Creed latest phase is hanging out with his 'guys' i.e. his stuffed penguin, puppies, horses, etc, the employees at Jo's, or his favorite guy, his Daddy...normal, I guess

I hear Zelda in the next room singing Amadeus by Falco...gotta run

1 comment:

deborah d. lattimore said...

i also don't sweat at all since the mastectomy, even after a very brisk 1-hr walk with lots of hills. i agree, it's weird.

i love hearing about your children and your life!

xoxo